Thursday, January 14, 2010

Conan is getting screwed!

I am sure most of you have heard by now that the Jay Leno experiment in prime time has been a huge failure. Now NBC wants to move Jay back to the 11:35 slot for a 30-minute show. That would of course bump back Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon 30 minutes. My question is why move Jay back for 30 minutes? What can you get out of 30 minutes these days? That show will consist of Jay’s monolog and one round of Jay Walking or Headlines plus 10 commercials. Is that really worth it? Is it really worth pissing off Conan and all of his fans just to make Jay happy? I say it is time for Jay to hit the bricks! He has had the 11:35 time slot long enough. He had great ratings while he was there, but I think most people are tired of him and were really digging Conan. The only audience that Jay is still pulling is the middle aged Midwesterners. I guess that is more important to NBC then the younger, hip audience that Conan is pulling. Granted, I might be a little biased since I have been a Conan fan since he hit late night TV. Also, our hair is similar! But here is Conan’s letter to NBC and to the public on why he opposes the move. I have to say; I think he is right!

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/01/12/conan-obrien-nbc-tonight-show/

Well, Conan isn't the only one getting screwed here. What about Jimmy Fallon? He is pulling good numbers for his time slot and now he wouldn't come on until 1am! This move would just screw up the entire lineup!

No comments: