Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Asheville Recap

Meg and I had a great time in Asheville this past weekend. We went up with some friends to celebrate some birthdays and have a quick getaway without kids. The Haywood Park Hotel was great! It was located right in the middle of the downtown area and we walked and explored the entire area. We ate at some wonderful restaurants, (Table, Kanpai-Sushi Thai, and Zambra) we enjoyed drinks at several bars (Rankin Vault, The Beir Garden, and Jack of the Wood) and shopped at the many galleries, bookstores and other cool shops. Meg and the girls also found a wonderful yoga studio to attend a class on Saturday. Even though it was cold, windy and wet, we all enjoyed walking to our destinations and soaking up sights and sounds of this eclectic city. Asheville was a great destination for a quick weekend trip and we can’t wait to go back soon!
This was outside the front door of the hotel. When I saw that, I knew we were going to have a good time!


(Sorry I don’t have any pictures to post. Even thought I took plenty, my computer doesn’t seem to want to load them. I will try to post some soon as I figure out my technical issues.)

No comments: