Monday, November 3, 2008

It was a bad loss, but an even uglier win!

OK, Georgia got embarrassed again this season, but this time it was by our biggest rivals! Georgia came out of the locker room sluggish and it only got worse from there. We couldn’t move the ball and then some bad calls completely took us out of the game. I am not saying we would have won if those calls would have gone our way, but I will say that we would not have lost the way we did. The first one was the interception that was called back because a Florida player didn’t strap his helmet on correctly. They called one of our lineman with illegal use of the hands because he knocked off the guys helmet. That is something that happens on every play between linemen. But because the Florida guy didn’t strap his helmet on correctly, it went flying off and they called a penalty. If we get that interception, we are in good field position and maybe we go down and score. That would have given us the momentum and kept them off the scoreboard. That was the beginning of the end. Then Coach Richt challenges a spot that is clearly three feet forward from where Tebow was down. We get that call correct, they are forced to punt and they don’t score again. The announcers could not believe they didn’t overturn that call and neither could I! Then there were two interference no calls that benefited the Gators one for an interception and the other for TD. Again, game changing plays! If we only get two out of those four hugely blown calls, the game it totally different! I am not saying we would have won; the Gators are too good to assume that. But at least we are in the game and we have a shot. This year has been a horrible year for the referees in the SEC. They are making way to many bad calls and it is costing teams games.

I will hand it to the Gators, they are good and they are probably the hottest team in football right now. But they are also classless, arrogant, crybabies! They are sore losers when they lose but even worse, they are sore winners. It all starts with their coach. Urban Meyer is completely classless and that couldn’t have been more obvious than when he called two timeouts with less than a minute to go in the game. Just to prolong their celebration and rub it in the Georgia players and fans faces. Also, I have seen two reports by national columnist that claims that Urban’s wife was yelling “What goes around comes around” at the top of her lungs as the clock ticked down. She and her husband are perfect for each other. You would never see Coach Richt do anything like this and his wife would never open her mouth and try to humiliate anyone after a win.

I have friends that are Gator fans and even though they are pretty obnoxious, they are respectful. I wish I could say that of all Gator fans. That is one of the main reasons why I don’t travel down to Jacksonville anymore. I cannot deal with the overly arrogant Gator fans. I am not saying that there aren’t obnoxious Georgia fans, I am not naïve, every team has them, especially SEC teams. But it just seems there are more disrespectful Florida fans. I am not the only one who feels this way. Mark Bradley from the AJC ranks the Gator fans as the most obnoxious in the SEC. Anyway, I know I am typing in jest because I am upset, angry, and disappointed in the outcome of the game and the fact that we are out of the SEC and National Championship hunt. So maybe I should stop here, but the lack of class by the Florida coaches, players, and fans is unbelievable to me and I had to get that off my chest.

On another note, that game between Texas and Texas Tech was incredible! What a finish! That could be one of the best college football games in history!


Go Dawgs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of things:
Cute Haircut for Henry.
I voted to no avail.
Don't stomp on our endzone, and we won't call timeouts for three straight running plays.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2008/11/the-citadel-coa.html