Friday, October 17, 2008

Big music weekend!

Weekends like this used to be a common occurrence in my life before I had kids, now they are few and far between. But this weekend, Meg and I are going to see two concerts. Friday night we are heading down to the Variety Playhouse to see Martin Sexton. He is an amazing singer/songwriter from the New England area and doesn’t get down south very often. So whenever he does come down our way, we are sure to catch his show. He is a very talented songwriter with a tremendously soulful voice. If you ever get a chance to pick up his CD or catch a show, I highly recommend it! I think he is playing with a full band tonight and that will be a treat. Even though he is great solo, it just add a different vibe with a full band. Here is a link to view Martin sing one of his songs solo.


Then on Saturday, we are going down to catch Widespread Panic for our annual fall tour show. This is the first time since 1998 that WSP has played in Atlanta during their fall or summer tour. Back in 1998, they played at Lakewood Amphitheatre and that is where they are playing again this weekend. This is great in one way, because we get to see the boys play in the fall close to home, but that also means they won’t be playing in Atlanta over New Years. That really screws up my New Years tradition. I am still working on a way to get out to Denver over New Years! But this weekend, I am excited to see them even if they are playing at Lakewood.

Anyway, it is still going to be a fun weekend for us. Not to mention the Dawgs play on Saturday at 12:30, so Saturday is going to be a full one! I am looking forward to a Dawgs victory and seeing some great shows!

No comments: