Friday, July 1, 2011

The 4th and another Peachtree Road Race

A long weekend is here and another race day is upon us. As usual, I don’t feel ready to run the world’s largest 10K. Every year I say I am going to train better and harder and every year I fall short of that goal. I am not even sure why I continue to put myself through this torture. I guess it is because in my mind I am a Kenyan long distance runner, but in reality, I am an out of shape white guy who has a desk job and doesn’t run or workout nearly as much as I need too! So this last two weeks I have been like an unprepared college kid trying to cram at the last minute for finials. I know none of my readers know that feeling, right! Anyway, I have been running more these last two weeks than I have in the last two months. That is not good and I am not sure if it really helps!



Oh well, I am used to it, I seem to do it every year like this and I haven’t died on the course yet! Meg is also running on the 4th and she also feels like she is not ready, but she has been running and doing yoga regularly for all year. This year we have several family members and friends running the Peachtree so it should be fun. If you are running good luck and let’s meet up at the balloon with the letter B on it!

If you are smart and not running the race, I hope you have a fun and safe 4th and please keep in mind what the day stands for. Also, please send some positive vibrations out to the brave men and women who are fighting to protect our freedom and allow us to have events like the Peachtree Road Race and days like the 4th of July!

No comments: