Friday, January 28, 2011

Wine Review – 2006 Preston Barbera

Preston of Dry Creek it is one of my favorite wineries that I have personally been to and they produce top of the line wines. I have reviewed several of Preston’s wines in the past and they have all been delicious. The 2006 Barbera continues down this path of excellence. I had been holding this bottle for a couple of years and I felt like it was getting close to time to open it. Since Meg’s birthday dinner was last weekend, I thought it would be a good time to pop it open.

In the glass, the color is very dark and alluring. You will find aromas of dark cherry, plum and a slight mossy smell. On the palate you will get big ripe red fruit, a touch of mocha and earth. This wine is 100% Barbera grapes and of course Preston is a certified organic winery. It went wonderfully with our pasta and would also pair nicely with roasted or grilled meats. I cellared this wine for several years and it probably could have gone another few years and matured even more. If you have a chance to visit the winery or purchase one of their wines, I highly recommend it!

Cheers!

No comments: