Monday, December 27, 2010

White Christmas and a holiday jam!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and Santa was good to all. I know he was good to my kids as both of them racked up on new toys, video games, candy and clothes. Then they were spoiled even more by both sets of Grandparents. They really have had a great time on their holiday breaks. They both really love spending time with all of their cousins and aunts and uncles. But now my house is overrun with toys and we will be doing some early spring cleaning to make room for the new load of toys. Here are a few pictures of my side of the family on Christmas day.

Here is a shot of all of the gifts for the family before the opening frenzy starts
This is a bird's eye view of the family after the presents were opened
Here are my parents with all of their kids


Here are all of my parent's grandkids, what a good looking group of kids!

We all got a special treat on Christmas, snow! It was the first time there was snow on the ground in the Atlanta area since the 1800’s. It was a nice treat to be able to open presents while you could see the snow falling outside through the windows. It was truly a special Christmas! There was another special gift this year and I will post a recap of that gift later in the week.

It has been nice to spend time with all of our family and friends. Having both mine and Meg’s family's local is great but it can be tough on days like Christmas. I feel like we spend more time traveling on Christmas day than we do with each side of the family. So the time we do get to spend is really special.

I also got to spend some time with some good friends. Since we will all be in different places for New Years and our usual NYE tradition of going to see Widespread Panic at Philips is not happening this year, we decided to go see another one of our favorite bands for their Holiday Hangover show. Drivin n Cryin played the Tabernacle on Sunday night and my friends Jim, BK , John and I decided to brave the cold and go down for the show. It was a great night full of surprises! Not only on the stage, but in the crowd! We saw some great special guests play with the DNC boys, but we also saw some people in the crowd that we haven’t seen in years. I am not sure how my friends arranged for all of the special guests to show up, but it was a great night and a good time was had by all!

Here we are at the show! (Sorry the picture quality is not the best)

No comments: