Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hawks open the season tonight!

I wish I could say that I was excited about the Hawks opening their regular season tonight, but I am just not. Even though they made it to the second round of the playoffs last year, they haven’t really made any changes to the roster. They did get a new head coach in Larry Drew, but he was on Mike Woodson’s staff last year and I don’t predict a big change in the philosophy on the court. Therefore with the changes or should I say the lack of changes to the team, I expect the team to remain in mediocrity. Coach Drew says he has implemented a motion offense but his guys seem reluctant to run it. That scares me even more. If the players are going to run the offensive the coach wants, then there is no chance the team will improve. I sure hope I am wrong since Atlanta deserves a better basketball team then they have been getting the last few years.

Well, it is a new season and I am trying to be optimistic, but it is tough. Their preseason was horrible and they really sloppy going 2-5. I just hope they were using that time to gel as a team and work on execution of the offense. They open the season in Memphis and then go to Philly on Friday. They were solid last year at home but really struggled on the road. Opening on the road will be a good test for the team. I wish I could say I will be watching, but I am sure I will be watching the Thrashers game tonight while flipping over to Modern Family at 9pm. Modern Family is my vote for best sit com on TV right now. It is hilarious!

Go Hawks!

No comments: