Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Drivin’ N Cryin’s gear has been stolen

On of my favorite bands has hit a major setback, all of their gear has been stolen! I have been a big fan of Kevn Kinney and Drivin’ N Cryin’ since I was in high school. I remember being underage and seeing them at the old Post Office in Augusta Ga where I snuck backstage and hung out with the band after the show for hours. My sister was looking for me in a panic until I resurfaced back in the main room of the bar around 2am. The guys couldn’t have been nicer to me, I was clearly a kid and they still took the time to hang out with me to talk about music, tell some off colored jokes and share a few pops with me. I have seen them many, many times and they are probably second on my list of number of times I have seen a band with Widespread Panic being top of the list.

Anyway, they are once again out on the road supporting a new album and have been playing some shows all around the southeast. Over the weekend they played a show down in Macon and while they were catching some sleep at a local hotel, someone stole their trailer full of all of their music equipment. Within hours of the news getting out that their gear had been stolen, the band was flooded with support from friends, other bands and strangers offering up equipment for them to use for the rest of their tour. Since then some of their equipment has been recovered when an Atlanta resident pawned it to Millers Music in Chamblee, Ga. which is just down the road from where I live. The band says they will not cancel any shows due to this, and plan on playing the next few shows with some borrowed equipment. In the meantime, be on the lookout for Reinald Ellis, he is the guy who pawned the equipment.

Keep on rocking DNC!

No comments: