Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup 2010!

The biggest sporting event on the planet starts today and the world will be watching! Today South Africa will be thrust into the world spotlight. The first game kicked off early on Friday morning with the host nation playing Mexico. The first US game will be on Saturday afternoon against England. This will be an excellent match and I truly feel that the US has a good shot to win even thought most of the world is expecting England to roll. Even if the US loses its first game, they won’t be out of it all since the first round is round robin and the top two teams from each group advance. If they can pull out a first game victory they would be in the driver’s seat in Group C!

This is going to be a very interesting world cup considering the state of South Africa. There are already reports of rampant crime in and around the venues. I hope there aren’t any major incidents and that South Africa comes out looking good. I am sure the atmosphere is electric down there and even with the security threats, I am sure it is a big party! I am excited for this tournament and I can’t wait to watch as many matches as I can!

Go USA!

No comments: