- It took the number of postseason appearances by a city’s teams and then compared that to actual titles won.
- The cities that had a lot of playoff losses but few championships scored the highest.
- Forbes gave more weight to losing in a title game, such as the Super Bowl.
- So, just making it to the first round of a playoff series and then going home isn’t as bad as losing in the Stanley Cup final, for example, Forbes said.
- One last factor? How long it’s been since a city has last won a title.
Taking all that into account, only one city is more miserable than Atlanta when it comes to their sports teams. That city is Seattle and they just had their NBA franchise move to Oklahoma City! After Atlanta, the rest of the list is as follows; Phoenix, Buffalo, San Diego, Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Houston.
Out of that list, the only city that has better weather than Atlanta is of course, San Diego. So at least we don’t have to deal with miserable weather as well!