Monday, June 29, 2009

Reality Bites!

No, I am not talking about that movie from the mid 90’s with Winona Rider, Ethan Hawk and Ben Stiller (I think that was a great movie by the way) but I am talking about being back in reality! After spending a full week at the beach, being back at my desk is just painful! I know it is necessary for me to do this roughly 50 weeks a year so I can take trips like last week, but that doesn’t make things easier to swallow. I guess I need to play the lottery more and hopefully I can strike it rich the easy way so I don’t have to slave away for the man. Or I can start something on my own but then I would probably have less time to vacations, at least in the beginning!

Anyway, our week at the beach was great! The weather was nice, the water refreshing and the R&R was excellent! I really enjoyed spending all of the quality time with my boys in the pool and at the beach, mostly at the pool but either way was fine with me. They are currently not big fans of the ocean or the sand, but they started to come around the last couple of days and spent more time playing in the sand. I will post some pictures in the next day or two.

What a week to miss! So much happened while I was gone and most of it I didn’t realize until a day or two after they happened. There were several deaths that rocked the entertainment world. Of course Michael Jackson is the biggest name to pass, but don’t forget about Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mayes.







Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)








Farrah Fawcett (February 2, 1947 – June 25, 2009)







Ed McMahon (March 6, 1923 – June 23, 2009)





Billy Mays (July 20, 1958 – June 28, 2009)
All of these deaths were surprises to me even though Ed and Farrah’s health has been declining for a while now. What a bad week for me to be out and miss writing about each of these people.
Also, I missed some great sports action. I was able to see the finial round of the US Open Golf Tournament, but once that was over our TV was basically running Madagascar II non-stop when we were in the house. So I missed the huge win by the US Men’s Soccer team over Spain. In addition, I missed the NBA draft and the Braves series against the New York Yankees and the Boston Redsox. I feel lost with my teams and I need to get caught up on all of the things I missed! Oh yeah, I also need to get caught up with things at work!

No comments: