Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time to sell!

OK, usually I am a homer and feel that the Braves have a shot to come back no matter how many games out of first they are. I always want the Braves to fight to the finish and don’t start selling off their talent for prospects, but even I know that it is a lost cause for this year. The team has had a nightmarish season when it comes to injuries. We lost Smotlz, Glavine, Hampton, and now Hudson from the pitching staff. There were numerous games lost from Escobar and Kotsay. Also Chipper is back on the DL and McCain is still dazed and confused from his concussion over the weekend. Speaking of the weekend, we blew a 6 run lead on Saturday and 5 run lead on Sunday to basically put us out of reach for the division and probably the wild card. The writing is on the wall and it is time to trade Teixeira. As much as I hate to see the only reliable bat in the line up leave the team, he is going to leave us at the end of the year anyway and we won’t get anything in exchange. So at least we can get a new arm and/or outfield prospect in exchange. The trade deadline is on Thursday and I truly hope that the Braves Management can pull off a decent trade for Tex. I think he will end up in Arizona or perhaps with the LA Angles. I read today that the Yankees are now interested and would be willing to give up some good players for Tex. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, but I am pretty sure he won’t be in the ATL for the rest of the season.

No comments: