Monday, July 28, 2008

Death of a co-worker

Shortly after I arrived at work on Monday after a really good weekend, I was slapped in the face with reality. A friend and co-worker of mine passed away in the night. At this time it is uncertain of what caused him to leave us, but he did have a form of epilepsy and a history of seizures. It seems that he might have suffered a seizure in the middle of the night that caused him to have a heart attack. We won’t know the cause of death until further examination. He was someone I dealt with on a daily basis and always enjoyed talking with. He had been with the company for over 10 years and truly will be missed. He didn’t have any kids but leaves behind a wife. He left this earth way to early seeing that he was my age. It really puts things into perspective and makes me cherish every moment you have with family and friends. You just never know when it is your time to go. So, please do what I am going to do when I get home, hug and kiss the loved ones you can and let them know how much they mean to you. Then call the ones you can’t hug and let them know. Also, please keep Mike’s wife in your thoughts as I know she is devastated.

Rest in Peace Mike!

No comments: