Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Scarred but Smarter

One of my first favorite rock bands was Driving n Cryin.  I have seen them many, many, many times since I was a teen and continue to see them when ever they play in the Atlanta area.  At one point they were destined for stardom and event though they are pretty well known, they never hit the level of fame that most other bands from Athens/Atlanta did in the late 80's/90's and I never understood why.  They played good rock and folk songs that seemed to touch most everyone in one way or another.  They are still playing today and still putting out solid records, but I still can't explain why they never seem to make it to the top of he music game?

Now there is a documentary out about the band and I am hoping it will explain why the band has had some tough times.  The film was the idea of "Regular Guys" personality Eric Von Haessler
and will be shown at the Atlanta Film Festival on March 24th.  You can see the official trailer below.  Be warned, there is some rough language and it is not suitable for children! 

Scarred but Smarter (life n times of drivin n cryin)' Official Teaser



I can't wait to see the full film!

No comments: