Monday, November 19, 2012

Goodbye Hostess!


What a sad day it was when I heard that Hostess was going to go away!  They are an iconic brand and produced some of my favorite childhood treats.  I grew up eating Twinkies, Cupcakes, Ding Dongs and Snowballs!  I rarely eat those kinds of things now, but they still bring back good memories.  Also, my kids love the Twinkies and Cupcakes now and were also devastated when I told them the news. 

Starting last week, Hostess began to stop production and started going through the bankruptcy and liquidation process.  This means the closing of the following:

33 bakeries
565 distribution centers
5,500 delivery routes
570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States
And letting go of their 18,500-member workforce

Now is a good time to stock up!  You know most of their products have extremely long shelf lives!  Also, it could be a good way to make some money on eBay!

I will miss the treats as will my kids, but at least they had the chance to enjoy them. Their kids will unfortunately not have that pleasure. Thanks for all of the yummy treats and some great memories!  Hostess, you will be missed!

No comments: