Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another College Football Season in the books!

Now that the BCS Championship game has come and gone we can officially close the books on the 2011 College football season. The BCS Champions are the Alabama Crimson Tide and congratulations to Coach Saban, his team, and the fans of the Tide. They completely dominated LSU on both sides of the ball. It wasn’t a high scoring game but still exciting to watch.


With the win by Bama, that gives the SEC six straight National Champions, it give the University of Alabama two National Championships in the last three years and it gives the state of Alabama 3 straight National Titles with Auburn winning last year. That is pretty impressive and proves the best football is played in the south and in the SEC.

So now what? Well, for me it is exciting to follow the recruiting battles that are currently going on. By the way, UGA landed the top defensive player in the state of Georgia this week when Jordan Jenkins committed to play in Athens on Monday. There is still a good deal of top talent that hasn’t made any commitments so it will be interesting to see where they go.



Of course there are still the NFL playoffs but with my Falcons out, I am not nearly as interested. I will continue to watch because I love football and I am also intrigued by the Tebow phenomenon! The NBA is in full swing and the Hawks are playing pretty good, but I just don’t see them stacking up against Miami and Chicago this year. They will have a descent season and make the playoffs, but I see them losing in the first or second round of the playoffs. I wish I could say the Thrashers were hanging in there in the NHL but we all know what happened to them. As a matter of fact, the former Thrashers are actually doing pretty good in the standings. Winnipeg is currently 2nd in their division and in a playoff spot. The PGA tour also starts back up this month so that is a good thing and of course, Braves spring training are just around the corner.

So there are things sports related that interesting to watch and follow. Maybe now I will have time to get back in shape and work on my new years resolutions!

No comments: