Friday, November 19, 2010

OVO!


On Friday Meg and I will be heading to the Grand Chapiteau to see the latest creation by Cirque du Soleil call OVO. This production takes the audience into the world of insects. Apparently blue fly arrives in the hectic, bustling community of insects and quickly falls in love with a lady bug. Then an over sized egg appears and all of the different types of insects become awestruck by the enormous egg and that is when the hilarity and amazing acts ensue.


I am a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil and we always make sure we check out the new shows when they come to town. I love the different acts, the amazing performances, the always wonderful music and of course the beautiful and often crazy costumes. It always amazes me to see the performers do their acts with such grace and precision, I really don’t think the human body is supposed to contort in the ways some of the acts do! Also I am really looking forward to seeing the power track (trampoline) and wall acrobats perform. That looks like something I have always wanted to do! Jump off a 20foot wall down onto a trampoline and then bounce back up the wall. I tried that once when I was little and it didn’t work out too well for me.


The previews I have seen have been incredible and I can’t wait to see it for myself. This year I splurged and got some great seats, so I am sure that is going to make the experience even better. I have never seen a bad Cirque show and I totally expect to be blown away by this one. All of the reviews I have seen have been excellent and I am very excited to see it for myself.

Bonjour!

No comments: