Friday, November 20, 2009

Wine Review – 2009 Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

Since yesterday was Beaujolais Day, of course I had to stop off and pick up one of the new releases to see what it is all about. First of all, let me say I don't usually expect much out of the Nouveaus, but I think there is reason for excitement for the future 2009 French vintages! This early sampling of the recent harvest is pretty good. This Beaujolais is a light purple color in the glass with a blast of fruit aroma. It is fresh and crisp yet slightly tart in the mouth. It is very fruit forward with a tinge of a mineral taste to it. With little to no tannins it does have a slight bite to it, but that is pretty much what I expected. To me, it was much better than last years Nouveau and this is a good sign for future 2009 releases. Obviously this wine is young and should be drank young since the lack of tannins will not allow it to age well. It would go well with all kinds of food, especially those sweeter items on the Thanksgiving dinner table. Pick up a bottle and try if for yourself, it is very affordable at $9.99. This is not a wine I would drink everyday, but a couple of times a year is always fun!

Cheers!

No comments: