Friday, October 9, 2009

Play it again Panic!

The Dawgs are on the road this weekend as are the Thrashers. So I don’t have quite the conflict that I had last weekend. But the outcome is the same. Only this time I am going to see WSP in Birmingham and not Charlotte. I know some of you are saying “why are you going to see the same bands play two weeks in a row?” Well, for those of you who don’t know how the Panic and jam band scenes work, you could go to every show on their tour and never see the same show twice. The songs will be different and if you do see a duplicate song, it will be in a different place in the set and probably played in a different manner than the previous show when it was played. These shows are based on improvisation and change all the time. I understand that this type of music is not for everyone, but it suits me just fine. I wish I could see more shows from each tour, but obviously, time and money are a factor. But I am looking forward to another killer show by both the Allman Brothers and Widespread Panic this weekend!

Rock and Roll!

No comments: