Friday, October 3, 2008

Wine Review – 2007 Preston Vin Gris

I know that I have reviewed a couple wines from this vineyard before, but I have yet to taste a bad varietal or vintage from them and since this one is pretty unique, I couldn't’t pass up another review. Preston Vineyards is one of my favorite wineries to visit and they produce great wines. Also, they are certified organic which makes me like them even more! This wine sells out as soon as the vintage is released and now I know why. The 2007 Vin Gris is crisp and refreshing rose, it has a light pink color and has aromas of peach and fresh flowers. On the palate, there are hints of peach, melon and has a very dry finish. This is a great picnic wine and is a perfect aperitif or will go well with spicy foods. Please don’t forget to chill it! This is a brilliant Rhone style blend of Mourvedre (40%), Cinsault (20%), Carignane (20%), and Syrah (20%). It was inspired by the wines of France’s Bandol region and was created by bleeding off of juice from red fermenters followed by barrel fermentation. This wine should be drunk within a couple of years from the release. It will not age very well, so enjoy it now! This bottle retails from the winery at $22, but is currently sold out. I am glad I got my bottles when I did!

Cheers!

No comments: