Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally!

Yuengling Lager is the oldest American Brewery and is probably my favorite beer, domestic or international. The only problem is that it is not sold in Georgia. For some reason they have never had a distributor in Georgia and under Georgia law, you cannot sell any form of alcohol without going through a distributor. Their beers are sold all over the east cost and the southeast. Actually every state that touches the Georgia borders sells Yuengling. So whenever I travel outside the state, I am sure to have a few and/or bring some back. But now I don’t have to travel outside the state lines to get this delicious brew! Yuengling is now available in Georgia! Thanks to a Bring Yuengling to Gerorgia.com and their petition, Yuengling is now here! Here is a copy of the official letter.


They will start with bottles being available in stores and bars/restaurants and then slowly they will get draught available in the bars and restaurants. Also, they will start in the North Georgia/Atlanta area and move southward. So if there is not Yuengling available in your area yet, it should be soon. This is very exciting for me and I can’t wait to pop a few bottles this weekend while I am watching football!


Hooray Yuengling!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Whoooooo hooooooooo! This is my favorite beer, Im going to Publix right now!