Friday, June 27, 2008

Wish I was there!

Tonight kicks off the first of three nights for Widespread Panic at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado, which is just outside of Denver. They play the weekend before the 4th most every year and always sell it out. At the end of Widespread Panic's sold-out run this weekend, the band will have played 32 sold out shows at Red Rocks Amphitheatre - more than any other band in the venue's history. That is almost double the amount of sold out shows Panic has played at Philips Areana in Atlanta. Red Rocks officials will honor the band with a special award presentation, and a mayoral proclamation calling Friday, June 27 "Widespread Panic Day" in the City and County of Denver. I have been to Red Rocks before, but never to see Panic. I always say that this year is going to be the year, but something always comes up. Then, every year at this time I kick myself for missing another set of shows out there. What makes it worse is Meg’s sister and her family live out there, about 10-15 minutes from the venue. So it is not like we wouldn’t have a place to stay! These shows are always strong and my remorse always grows after I read the set lists. So, even though I will be at home this weekend, I will be wishing I was out in the crisp Colorado air enjoying the great music and beautiful scenery. Maybe next year!

No comments: